Job Announcement: Public Affairs Assistant - Embassy Of The Republic Of Turkey In Washington D.c.
The Embassy of the Republic of Turkey in Washington D.C.is currently seeking to hire a “Public Affairs Assistant” to assist the diplomatic staff with daily administrative tasks and projects. This is a full-time at-will contract position for one year with the possibility of term extensions thereafter.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Managing the logistics for a variety of the Embassy events in coordination with Embassy staff
- Developing and maintaining invitation lists for Embassy events and tracking RSVPs
- Drafting, editing, and formatting various texts for external and internal use on a variety of documents and presentations
- Assisting Embassy staff with logistics for high level diplomatic visits
- Monitoring U.S. media on current domestic and global events and politics as such may relate to Turkish foreign policy
- Following activities and reports of area think tanks and universities regarding
current domestic and global events and politics as such may relate to Turkish foreign policy and attending and reporting on such events as assigned by Embassy staff
- Researching, locating, and obtaining materials, articles and data as assigned regarding current domestic and global events and politics as such may relate to Turkish foreign policy as assigned by Embassy staff’
- Assisting the Embassy staff with managing the social media accounts of the Embassy
- Updating the content of the Embassy’s website and preparing Embassy announcements
- United States citizenship throughout duration of at-will contract employment
- Independent work authorization in the U.S throughout duration of at-will contract employment
- Bachelor Degree: Preference will be given to the following fields of higher education study: foreign service, international relations, political science, journalism, prelaw, communications, economics, government and/or business administration
- Professionally proficient typing, word processing, and data-entry skills
- Advanced Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills
- Native English speaker, with excellent writing skills
- The contract employee shall be responsible for all his/her federal, state and local taxes, per directives governing employment of non-diplomatic staff at foreign missions in the United States.
Personal Skills, which may be verified through communications with references:
- Flexibility, ability and willingness to work long hours on week days
- Flexibility ability and willingness to work on weekends on short notice
- Flexibility ability and willingness to work on special assignments on short notice
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work independently as well as under close supervision
- Trustworthiness and ability to maintain confidentiality during and after contract employment
- Professional presence and demeanor in handling sensitive and confidential matters
- Flexibility, interest and willingness to work on a wide variety of topics and projects as needed
- Professional communication style in person and over the phone when dealing with internal and external government officials and members of various U.S. and international organizations
- Ability to maintain positive and productive working relationships with Embassy staff, hired professional teams, and external stakeholders
How to apply:
Please email your cover letter, resume, and a writing sample in English to email@example.com with subject line “Turkish Embassy - Public Affairs Assistant” until September 8th, 2014.Please do not telephone the Embassy to follow up on your application, as only candidates selected for the next stage of the application process will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest.
Monday - Friday
08:30 - 12:30 / 13:30 - 16:00
Apply In-person : 09:00 - 12:00
|1/1/2019||New Year's Day|
|1/21/2019||Martin Luther King, Jr. Day|
|7/4/2019||US Independence Day|
+ 90 312 292 29 29